Thursday, May 25, 2006

Beaches and Cream

Nothing but nothing beats Fountains of Wayne's Welcome Interstate Managers for awesome power-pop driving music. I don't think I want to mess with one of those iTrips, or buy a car in which to use it, but I have to hear that "Hey Julie" song while I'm cruising down the seaboard this weekend. I'm sad that we don't have all the same crew lined up for this year's beach weekend, but perhaps worse is the fact that the prevalence of iPods have antiquated my great beach mix CDs.

Downloading MF Doom, Atmosphere, Gnarls Barkley, and Dr. Doom/Dr. Octagon to complete my might-be-badguys playlist—anything else? If I do much more than grill, DJ, read, and bust my ass again on the wakeboard, I'm going to be extremely upset.

The Urban Coyote will see, well, almost all of you this weekend. Doesn't mean he'll miss you any less here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do love that album. and don't forget to stop by pots on 'n' kitchen on your way down!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beach wooooooooo!!!#

4:56 PM  
Blogger charles said...

Is that a sly little hint to me and my Ipod? Because I had really intended on catching up on my opera listening for the car ride down.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Armsmasher said...

aren't you still running casettes in your auto, chaz?

11:11 AM  
Blogger charles said...

Yes, but I have a tape adapter.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home