Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Boss Is a German Power Forward

What's that? I haven't told you about my Mavs bumper sticker design: "My Boss Is a German Power Forward"? I gotta get that message out there.

Portrait of the artist from the freethrow line:
After helping Dallas win two straight playoff games by sinking clutch free throws, Dirk Nowitzki divulged Tuesday the secret to his success.

"You just try to relax," he said. "There are a lot of things going through your mind. I try to sing sometimes to kind of take the pressure off."

[. . .]

Smiling wide and laughing loud, he said the song was David Hasselhoff's "Looking For Freedom," a big hit when he was a kid in Germany.
Now that's sick, but I think he's just preening for the camera. I would have guessed that Nowitzki's inner musical monologue was provided by Einstürzende Neubauten, which might explain why he despises peace, light, and all his teammates.

But he ought to be listening to the Official Playlist of the Dallas Mavericks®!, your on-line streamable source for a variety of Mavs-minded contemporary stadium imitation acts, from The Prodigy "Lazer" to Outkast "P.P.T." These are all songs about the Dallas Mavericks, and yet they have musical appeal to fans beyond the Dallas fanbase! ("Dirk is automatic, German money in the bank/ Howard's like Picasso, a force in the paint!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home